Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still here:update after 5 months

Wow, it is hard to believe it has only been 5 months.  We went for another evaluation by the therapist.  Though I hadn't thought H had made as much progress this time, she thought H had done more.  I think that is because she is picking up on things I think of as small, such as H's balance being much better and her crawling being as it should.  So we got alot of new things to do.  We are now doing a type of gentle "shaking", a rhythmic rocking motion, and tongue twisters amoung others.  I have been so impressed at H's good attitude regarding all of this.  She has become a much calmer child.  Now I need to calm down some more:I got more frustrated than I should when I realized she had not turned in an assignment due today that I reminded her about when she got out of the car at school.  I hope her organizational skills improve at some point.  But really, having a happy, loving, energetic, and obedient child is more important than having one who is organized.  Overall I am thrilled we have chosen this route rather than covering up the symptoms with medication.
-Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment