Sunday, January 30, 2011

Third week

We have now finished three complete weeks of the therapy for H.  Her attitude toward homework has gone back to what it was before we ever started the therapy.  She does not like it and I have to force her to do each subject.  I do not need to sit right by her for every math problem, but she does need to say each out loud in order to stay focused.  The one area in which I have seen a definate improvement is her short term recall.  We do an exercise where I say a series of numbers and she says them back, or I show her a series of numbers and then she must say them back.  She started out only being able to do 5 or 6 numbers in a series accurately, and she is now up to 6 or 7.

We are continuing to do the hour worth of exercises each day.  The therapist would ideally like us to do all the exercises twice a day, but I don't see how I can do that and still let her play with her friends or do extracurricular activities like scouts or science club.  We see the therapist in two and a half weeks, and it will be interesting to hear how much H. has improved at that time.
-Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment